As a Traveling Therapist, it is important to “travel light.”
But let’s admit it- there are some things we just can’t do without.
After traveling for 10 years, I have nailed down exactly what I can and cannot live without, and I wanted to share it with you.
And next time family wants to buy you a gift even after you try to explain to them you don’t need anything, you can share this with them. Check out my list of –
10 Travel Therapist “Must-Haves” under 2lbs
Click the links below to learn more about each.
9. “Alexa” Amazon Echo Dot: Maybe I just like feeling like I have an administrative assistant all the time and to playing my song of choice in a moments notice.
8. Contiga Water Bottle: I am on my third. I LOVE how the straw pops out and stores away. It’s always more fun to drink through a straw anyway, is it not?! I prefer the smaller one so it fits in the cup holders in the car.
7. Spotify Premium Membership– My life is a playlist, and it fuels me for runs, workouts, car karaoke, and long drives between assignments. This is something I will never be able to live without again.
6. Apple AirPods– Now that you know how important music is to me, you won’t be surprised by these next few. The moment I borrowed my sister’s AirPods, I realized I needed them. Imagine never having to deal with a cord during a phone call or workout again!
5. Wonderboom Speaker– Small, Waterproof Speaker with BIG sound. I don’t leave home without it. And yes, sometimes I take it in the shower. Don’t judge.
4. Bose Headphones– Imagine going from loud jet engines and screaming children to nothing.#worthit
3. Magic Bullet– A tiny but powerful blender that starts my day right with a delicious protein shake. I heard it’s also helpful for cooking, if you do that.
2. This Selfie Stick– Listen, don’t knock it ‘till you try it. I know what you’re thinking- You don’t want to be THAT person at the Grand Canyon with the selfie stick. Well, let me tell you- use that baby once, and that thought subconscious thought will fly out your ears! Plus, THIS selfie stick has a remote control AND a stand. You’ll thank me later.
1. The WanderlustPTs Toolkit– All of my documents to keep me organized and guide me as a traveling therapist, ALL in one place.
Others that were close but didn’t make My Top 10 List:
– TRX: small, portable, body-weight, versatile exercise equipment.
– The Freshette: ** LADIES ONLY**I was traumatized by the thought of peeing in the woods until I found this handy device. Sure, it takes some practice for effective use, but man, it is liberating!! (Pun, intended).
– SPIbelt: The contemporary fanny pack. Great for running or hiking with minimal gear and no pockets.
– This Phone Holder for your Car: Since I am always going new places, I like to have my phone in a good view for directions (ie. not in my lap). This holder lets you easily place your phone in and out with just one hand.
– This Vacuum is life-changing. It beaks down into small pieces, which is great for travelers trying to pack everything you own into a small space. It’s lightweight, portable, cordless, easy to clean, and has a ton of power for carpet or floors. Not sure I will be able to live without this again.
– This Cookbook: Full of fast, healthy, and easy meals. As one who hates to grocery shop and cook, I wish I would have found this book years ago. I’ve loved every recipe in it so far!
– The Fit Men Cook App: This cooking app is a game changer. Healthy meals that you can choose based on categories: vegan, vegetarian, high protein, quick, etc. Best Part? You select a meal and can add all the items directly to a grocery list! It makes meal planning so much simpler!
– Amazon Prime Membership– I don’t know about you, but when I need something, I need it yesterday. So the two-day shipping is ideal. PLUS, they now offer great TV shows and movies as a perk too!
– AAA Membership– Dad’s not around to rely on when I get stuck anymore. Not only are they a peace of mind for travel, the membership pays for itself in all the savings from hotels, rental cars, and other discounts that are offered!
– APTA Membership– It’s important to support our profession and those on Capital Hill promoting change. They also offer tons of resources and free CEUs through the website and discounts to CSM and other conferences for APTA members. Tip: If you plan on going to CSM (which I also highly recommend), it pays to become a section member too.
What did I miss? What’s on your list?
Comment below, and let me know!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products and services because I personally LOVE and use them myself, and I stand behind their product 100%, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you.